Sales & Lettings Viewing Protocols
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Further to the Government announcement on 4th January 2021, regarding a National Lockdown, we would like to reassure you that our priority is to continue to offer all of our clients a full sales and lettings service including viewings when requested.
We will remain open with all services running as planned in line with COVID-19 safety restrictions. Viewings and house moves will continue with every precaution.
Government guidance can be found here: Click here
We will continue to offer all customers virtual viewings which will be included in our sales packs, which are sent following the initial request for information. This will be followed up with a call offering a virtual walkthrough with the sales consultant after which a physical viewing will be accommodated if requested. In order to minimise public health rise, virtual viewings will be encouraged before a physical viewing takes place.
Physical viewings are subject to passing a financial viability assessment.
If any member of the household viewing if showing symptoms of Coronavirus or is self-isolating then a physical viewing should be delayed.
Appointments will be conducted as follows:
- Viewings are appointment only
- We encourage buyers and renters to do their initial property searches online wherever possible. Initial viewings should be done virtually and in-person viewings should only take place when buyers are seriously considering a property and have been financially qualified.
- Maximum of two adults from one single household can attend a viewing. Children cannot attend viewings.
- Names of the adults attending to be confirmed in advance.
- Open house viewings are not permitted.
- Those attending viewings are asked to bring and wear an appropriate face mask/covering.
- Viewing times to be kept to a minimum, appropriate to the property size.
- Sufficient time to be allowed between appointments to allow for cleaning of door handles and to ensure no overlap between different household appointments.
- Sales consultants will arrive in advance - open up the property, wedge open internal doors to limit contact with door handles. Windows will be opened to provide sufficient ventilation.
- Sales consultants will be provided with gloves and masks for their own use and will have hand sanitiser, wipes and shoe coverings available.
- Customers will be asked to wait in their vehicle or away from the development or property until the sales consultant confirms they can enter.
- Social distancing regulations are to be observed at all times. If the size or layout of the property does not allow for social distancing, the sales consultant may allow access and wait outside.
- No paperwork or brochures will be shared or passed around during viewings - all forms and marketing collateral will be provided in advance of appointment or post-appointment.
- Soap and paper towels or hand sanitiser will be provided for customer use.
- All gloves, used wipes will be placed in a plastic bag and tied securely for safe disposal, post appointments.
- Door handles and surfaces will be wiped with antibacterial wipes between viewings and before leaving the property.
- Completions and home demos will be carried out in person or online using Skype or Facetime as soon as possible, post-completion.
- These protocols will be followed for all appointment types - viewings, valuations, visits, and sale completion/lets.
Red Loft viewing protocols during Coronavirus pandemic - January 2021
< Return to News List